About Me

My photo
Cairns, Queensland, Australia
I am of Melanesian/Polynesian/Asian descent born in Lae, Papua New Guinea at ANGAU Memorial Hospital.

Monday, January 23, 2012

Started my new life today in the world of Child Care on Monday, 30 January 2012


Last updated Sunday, 15 April 2012 will have to insert a couple more photos in here.

Well today  I commenced my first child care course in CHC30708 Certificate III in Children's Services with My Other Mum Training College Pty Ltd in Cairns

I am just amazed at how my fate has operated with me about the last 6 months.  I always said that I would do child care in the future and now here I am on my first stepping stone to qualify in this area.  The next course I would like to do after that is my Diploma of Children's Services in Queensland.

Originally I was meant to pick up my suitcase that I left a year ago here in Cairns after I had attended my late aunt's funeral. (That's another story I will tell you some other time.)  I was going to fly back to Brisbane with the suitcase.  It would not have fitted in Jennifer's car anyway.  The other alternative was to catch the rail down to Brisbane.  Anyway the original plan was that I decided to go to Cairns to visit family and friends as I do not know when I will see them all again, and then return to Brisbane in February 2012.

Whilst in Cairns I discussed with my cousin Elisa that in the future I would like to do my Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood Development) where I would become a qualified pre school or kindergarten teacher.  My other love is children and I enjoyed babysitting and nannying so I thought hey why not do something I love doing.  I had told my American Pie ten years ago that I wanted to be a pre school teacher, and his comment was "Go to work and play all day!"  You got that one right honey, definately would love to go to work and play all day.  Hopefully play all day with our own baby too one day.  Anyway those who are studying a Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood Development) now have to have had completed a Diploma in Children's Services. They now also would have to have spent some time in a child care centre whilst studying their Bachelors.  So last year I thought I would do the Children's Services courses first and spend some time working in the child centre and that should be a year's credit for me in the Bachelor course where I do 3 years instead of 4.  Well the next day Elisa saw advertised in the Cairns Weekender (whatever it is called) Saturday's paper was the course that I was contemplating doing back in Brisbane.  Although I have previous babysitting and nannying experience.  I had to enrol in the Certificate III in Children's Services because not many parents/guardians/care givers of children will want someone with no formal training to care for their kids.  Anyone can say they have years of experience and so forth but now they would have show proof and need to be qualified.

I will be creating a Page (see to your left in regards to these Child Care Courses, etc.)

Disclaimer: I accept no responsibility or liability of any loss or any incorrect or out dated information some of these websites may contain. The most accurate up to date information at the time known to me is inserted in these pages. It is the responsibility of the individual to do their own research in their own time. The is just a guide to assist people in giving them as much information as I possibly can to assist them in preparing for to do a course on child care or give them some information in child care training in Australia . My views and opinions and experiences will not exactly reflect other peoples' views and opinions and experiences.

This material is copyright © Wendy J. Seymour 2012 - Exempt the hyperlinks they are from the World Wide Wide (WWW)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trial - Your feedback is much appreciated to improve this website.