About Me

My photo
Cairns, Queensland, Australia
I am of Melanesian/Polynesian/Asian descent born in Lae, Papua New Guinea at ANGAU Memorial Hospital.

Saturday, January 28, 2012

2012 Starting my new life in Cairns will be remaining here for a year or so

Last updated Sunday, 15 April 2012 photos to be inserted in here


Self contained Flat part of 4 Unit Queenslander

Well it is official now that I will be remaining in Cairns, Far North Queensland for a year or so.  Last Saturday I found a one bedroom self contained unit in Cairns, and will be moving there this Saturday, 25 February 2012.  It was quite unexpected of course but I figured it was time I started to settle in somewhere unlike last year.  I left Darwin, Northern Territory (NT) officially in July 2011 and moved to Brisbane City, Queensland and lived with my godmother (well in Brisbane with other people in between all the way up to 23 December 2011.)  I was in Darwin before that and had rented out a place of my own for a year.  Prior to me getting  the place two years before that my life was full on with the military so I was looking forward to time on my own and out of a military establishment.  Did you think I would had time to myself for a year - NO - it's a long story. So this time, I will be living on my own and having the privacy and time to myself that I had planned two years ago after spending time with the military full time for two years.  (That is another story that caused me a lot of grief.)

Thirteen years ago I left Cairns where my life started with the military.  Refer to my other Posts in regards to this.  This is where my military life began for me at the 51st Battalion Far North Queensland Regiment (51 FNQR).  I enlisted at the old what was once known as Porton Depot in Till Street, Westcourt.  Now 51 FNQR is called Porton Barracks.

Insert Posts and Pages in here (when I find them.)

MY LIFE IN THE AUSTRALIAN DEFENCE FORCE (ADF) AS A SERVICE PERSONNEL

My Life In Australia - 1981 - Present Page

Now I have left the military/public sector world and am starting a new career or life in child care.  It is like I have done full circle with my first life and am coming back here to start over with my second life.  Quite ironic that I end up in Cairns again, which was totally unforeseen.  My dearest and bestest friends do not live here any more and I miss them dearly and remember the good and bad times we had here. However now I am relishing the time that I have spent with what I refer to as "quality" time so far with family. The family that I knew from Lae, Papua New Guinea.  The Uhr family there are 5 brothers and 1 sister and and now my uncle Bob Uhr along with his sons' wives, who are sister in laws and grand children and great grand children in tow.  I will tell you more about them some other time.

I have yet to catch up with other family members and friends from my life in Cairns 23 years ago.  This time I intend to make the most of my time here in Cairns.  I will definately be doing the touristy stuff here that I did not get to do all those years ago.

Insert photo of my old place just down the road where I used to live in here.
Disclaimer: I accept no responsibility or liability of any loss or any incorrect or out dated information some of these websites may contain. The most accurate up to date information at the time known to me is inserted in these pages. It is the responsibility of the individual to do their own research in their own time. The is just a guide to assist people in giving them as much information as I possibly can on Cairns and surrounding regions in Australia . My views and opinions and experiences will not exactly reflect other peoples' views and opinions and experiences.

This material is copyright © Wendy J. Seymour 2012 - Exempt the hyperlinks they are from the World Wide Wide (WWW)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Wendy. Glad to hear you've got some definite plans. I hope you enjoy your time in Cairns and I'm sure we'll hear all about it. When you get back to Brisbane, I hope we can catch up again. It's been a while now since I've seen you, but our lives (moreso yours) have been so busy. I've got a big year lined up next year as I start my degree, and one other big thing happening, so I hope to see you before 2013 gets under way. Enjoy my friend. XX :)

    ReplyDelete

Trial - Your feedback is much appreciated to improve this website.