About Me

My photo
Cairns, Queensland, Australia
I am of Melanesian/Polynesian/Asian descent born in Lae, Papua New Guinea at ANGAU Memorial Hospital.

Saturday, January 28, 2012

The New Child Care Education System in Australia brought in 2012

Last updated Thursday 03 May 2012

Well I must say I am finding the CHC30708 Certificate III in Children's Services very interesting.  This year is the year where the new National Quality Framework comes into place for Day Care Centres on a National basis.  I thought I would share with you websites that might of interest to you especially those of you with children, grandchildren in Australia and were not aware of the current policies in place at the moment.  Click onto the following websites and hopefully it will assist you with any queries you might have at the moment.

Australia's first national Early Years Learning Framework for early childhood educators.

Australian Childcare Educational Care Quality

Early Years Learning Framework For Australia

In Queensland they now have in their curriculum how to work effectively with culturally diverse clients and co-workers.  The main focus being on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures.  After being in Cairns since 13 January 2012 I feel that there are still a lot of non-indigenous/indigenous people out their who do not know anything about cultural diversity or have any understanding of multiculturalism.  In the current day care centre where I am working at.  When I ask a Group Leader or their assistant the ethnicity of a child I get the response "I don't know?"  They cannot tell me if the child is half Aboriginal or Torres Strait islander or of some other ethnicity such as Chinese or Filipino.  I am quite fortunate that I lived in a multicultural society in PNG and attended an International primary and high school.  Click on to this link to read more about that.


Staying Healthy In Childcare - Preventing Infectious Diseases in Childcare Fourth Edition

Slip, Slop, Slap Campaign - One of the most successful health campaigns in Australia's history.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trial - Your feedback is much appreciated to improve this website.