About Me

My photo
Cairns, Queensland, Australia
I am of Melanesian/Polynesian/Asian descent born in Lae, Papua New Guinea at ANGAU Memorial Hospital.

Friday, September 16, 2011

Coffee Makes The World Go Round

Last updated Friday, 16 September 2011 - Having problems modifying this page at the moment


The PNG Coffee Packs my cousin Gulingo bought me as per my request to bring back to Australia as gifts to certain people on Mon, 29 Aug 11
Well it is going onto the 3rd week of my NEIS course I am actually looking at importing coffee from PNG in the future.  So at the age of 42 going onto 43 I am now studying the coffee industry in PNG and Australia.  I cannot for the life of me at the moment comprehend why my mother never told me much about our family/people in the Buang region  of PNG growing coffee in that area.  Why she never took me there to show me how it's all done? Why have I now decided to pursue a career in the coffee industry?  Why do I now have to go to the Buang and see how it is all done and document it all? It is all being drafted in my Business Plan, however for those of you who are thinking of opening up a Coffee Lounge, coffee shop whatever you want to call it, even buy a coffee franchise go for it.

My Course folder that I am currently working on from Mission Australia NEIS

So far with all the market research on the coffee industry in 2011 that I have done they all say the same thing - Coffee is the 2nd largest trade in the world after Oil.  However you do need to do your homework properly on the Coffee industry, the website is jam packed with information from successful business people who share their expertise knowledge on the subject, about their failures and success, and how they want to help other people in areas where they never got help from.


I am however a tea drinker (may be I might look at the tea industry too in the future.)  Right now the Buang region of my mother's land beckons me.  A land full of rich soil that is suited to grow one of the world's best coffee, and other vegetable and fruit produces.  I knew I should have been a farmer a long time ago, now I am about to try my hand at Coffee farming the PNG way.



I have created a Facebook Page called COFFEE MAKES THE WORLD GO ROUND for Coffee Merchants, Coffee Roasters, and anyone in the Coffee Industry to provide me feedback on the good and the bad of their experience with PNG Coffee as part of my Market and Research  survey.  I can see why I am not in Sales and Marketing and it is good to see that there are actual Market and Research companies who you can either pay to get all the information you need on whatever it is that you need to know on stats and figures, or surf the net for free information.


Feel free to add your comments on your own experiences and share any other website links you might want to share with others if you wish.

Disclaimer: I accept no responsibility or liability of any loss to any incorrect or out dated information some of these websites may contain. The most accurate up to date information at the time known to me is inserted in these pages. It is the responsibility of the individual to do their own research in their own time. This is just a guide to assist people in giving them in learning about NEIS, the Coffee industry and Market Research should they wish to pursue that as a business venture in the future. My views and opinions and experiences will not exactly reflect other peoples' views and opinions and experiences.



This material is copyright © Wendy J. Seymour 2011 - Exempt the hyperlinks they are from the World Wide Web (WWW)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trial - Your feedback is much appreciated to improve this website.