About Me

My photo
Cairns, Queensland, Australia
I am of Melanesian/Polynesian/Asian descent born in Lae, Papua New Guinea at ANGAU Memorial Hospital.

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Settling into my new home in Annerley, Queensland, Australia

Well when I returned from PNG on Monday, 29 August 2011, I officially moved to my godmother's place in Annerley, a suburb in Brisbane, Queensland (QLD.)  The following day I was approved by Mission Australia NEIS  to commence the Certificate IV in Small Business BSB40407course on the Tuesday, 30 August 2011.  So once again I am settling into a new place.

As per my previous Posts

Australia

My sister Jo and I would spend our school holidays in Brisbane, if we were unable to go home to PNG during the Australian school holidays.  So it was here in Annerley we would come to, I remember the time when I was around 16 years of age that aunt Sondra, told me I could catch the bus to town and back. Back in Kootingal, my uncle and aunt were so strict, and they had reasons to be in those days, that I was surprised that this aunt was not putting restrictions on me.

I have been up the top (as I have to walk up a slope to get to the Annerley shops) so I always tell my aunt that I'm heading up the top.  It seems like a lovely suburb, heaps of Queenslanders. All these  times when I used to come here for school holidays when I could not go home to PNG, I never once wandered around Annerley.  I used to always just catch the city bus on Ipswich Road (up the top) and head straight to Brisbane city, then come back.

My current home is a Queenslander (the style of houses specifically designed in Queensland, of which most are absolutely beautiful), and ours is a nice insulated one so it is nice and warm from the cold.  There are some Queenslanders especially the older type that can get extremely cold in the winter time.  My oldest godbrother Matthew, is an architect and had modified his family home quite well, it has that country look and feel about it.  He had inserted a skyline in the kitchen area and when you go out on the balcony, you would not think you were not living in the city.  I have been enjoying sitting out on the balcony reading my course folder and whatever, I feel like I am in some tree top area or out in the country, you would think you were not living in the city.  If I ever settle or invest in an investment property I would love to buy a Queenslander one day.  I have been told in the past to chose carefully especially with the older style ones.  So I would really have to do my homework whether I want to buy and old Queenslander or the more modern style of Queenslander.




Feel free to add your comments on your own experiences and share any other website links you might want to share with others if you wish.

Disclaimer: I accept no responsibility or liability of any loss to any incorrect or out dated information some of these websites may contain. The most accurate up to date information at the time known to me is inserted in these pages. It is the responsibility of the individual to do their own research in their own time. This is just a guide to assist people in giving them as much information as I possibly can to assist them in learning about Annerley, Queensland and Queenslanders and NEIS courses. My views and opinions and experiences will not exactly reflect other peoples' views and opinions and experiences.

 
This material is copyright © Wendy J. Seymour 2011 - Exempt the hyperlinks they are from the World Wide Web (WWW)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trial - Your feedback is much appreciated to improve this website.